About this course
The majority of the world’s estimated 250 million chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) carriers live in Asia. The Asian health care provider’s role in the prevention, screening, and monitoring of patients with hepatitis B is crucial for timely diagnosis and linkage to ongoing specialist care.
At the end of this module, learners will be able to:
- Identify the common symptoms of HBV
- Accurately diagnose HBV
- Prescribe the preferred treatments for HBV
- Prevention via hepatitis B vaccination, screening, and regular follow-up
- Important diagnostic challenges
- Guideline-based therapy with tenofovir alafenamide, tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, entecavir, and peginterferon
- Considerations for selecting optimum treatment
1 CME Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CME points.
Reviewed and endorsed by