About this course
Fever occurring with rash is a common presentation in children. It is important for health care practitioners to distinguish between benign self-limiting causes versus potentially life-threatening causes. A thorough clinical assessment is often the key to establish the diagnosis and guide definitive management.
At the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- Competently do a thorough clinical assessment of a child who presents with fever and rash
- Come up with reasonable differentials for a child who presents with fever and rash, in particular, differentiate benign self-limiting causes from more severe or potentially life-threatening causes
- Develop management plans for a child who presents with fever and rash, based on the most likely etiology of fever and rash
- Clinical assessment (history and physical examination) of a child with fever and rash
- Common etiologies of fever and rash in children
- Comparison of rash morphologies and likely etiologies
- Management guidelines including when referral to dermatologist or rheumatologist is warranted
1 CPD Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CPD points.