About this course
Iron deficiency anemia (IDA) is the world’s leading cause of anemia affecting women more than men and increases in prevalence with age. Despite common availability of treatment options, there is apparent widespread underdiagnosis and undertreatment. This e-learning module summarizes the pathophysiology, etiology, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and the essentials in management of patients with IDA.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Understand the pathophysiology and etiology of IDA
- Outline conventional and novel therapies for IDA, including efficacy, routes of administration, and clinical appropriateness across multiple patient subsets and clinical severity levels
- Pathophysiology and etiology of IDA
- Diagnosis of IDA
- Management algorithm for IDA in adults – establishing the cause
- Specific treatment options – nutritional interventions, oral vs intravenous iron therapy
1 CPD Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CPD points.