About this course
Diarrhea continues to be one of the most common medical complaints in the world. This e-learning module aims to differentiate acute and chronic diarrhea, discuss the management strategies for acute and chronic diarrhea, and differentiate the two most common type of chronic diarrhea: functional and organic.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Differentiate between acute and chronic diarrhea
- Understand the management of acute diarrhea including the role of diagnostic tests and antibiotic treatment
- Differentiate between organic and functional causes of chronic diarrhea, and refer accordingly for further management
- Definition of acute and chronic diarrhea
- Management goal and strategies of acute diarrhea including the role of diagnostic tests, pharmacologic support, and antibiotic treatment
- Differentiate between organic and functional causes of chronic diarrhea
- Management strategies for functional chronic diarrhea including lifestyle and diet modification, referral to dietitian or psychologist, and use of medications
- When to refer to a gastroenterologist
1 CME Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CME points.