About this course
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection in any part of the urinary system – the kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder and urethra. The clinical manifestations vary depending on the part of the urinary system that is affected. This e-learning module summarizes the different urinary tract infections in adults and the appropriate diagnosis and treatment options available.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to
- Differentiate the different forms of urinary tract infections in adults
- Determine the diagnosis and treatment of these infections
Keywords: Urinary tract infection, UTI diagnosis, UTI treatment
- Acute uncomplicated cystitis
- Acute uncomplicated pyelonephritis
- Asymptomatic bacteriuria in adults
- Asymptomatic bacteriuria in UTI in pregnancy
- Complicated UTI
- Catheter-Associated UTI
- Renal and Perinephric abscess
1 CPD Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CPD points.