About this course
Diarrhoea continues to be one of the most common medical complaints in the world. This e-learning module aims to differentiate acute and chronic diarrhoea, discuss the management strategies for acute and chronic diarrhoea, and differentiate the two most common type of chronic diarrhoea: functional and organic.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Differentiate between acute and chronic diarrhoea
- Understand the management of acute diarrhoea including the role of diagnostic tests and antibiotic treatment
- Differentiate between organic and functional causes of chronic diarrhoea, and refer accordingly for further management
- Definition of acute and chronic diarrhoea
- Management goal and strategies of acute diarrhoea including the role of diagnostic tests, pharmacologic support, and antibiotic treatment
- Differentiate between organic and functional causes of chronic diarrhoea
- Management strategies for functional chronic diarrhoea including lifestyle and diet modification, referral to dietitian or psychologist, and use of medications
- When to refer to a gastroenterologist
1 CPD Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CPD points.