About this course
Osteoporosis is a common problem that is frequently underdiagnosed and undertreated. It increases the risk of fractures in the elderly which impacts health-related quality of life. Recognizing the risk factors and instituting appropriate screening is very important to reduce the burden of this disease. This e-learning module summarizes the pathogenesis and risk factors of osteoporosis, and the assessment of primary osteoporosis at the primary health care level - from screening and diagnosis to pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic management.
Upon completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Define and diagnose primary osteoporosis
- Understand the pathogenesis of osteoporosis
- Identify the risk factors of primary osteoporosis
- Understand the treatment options for primary osteoporosis
- Learn when to refer to a specialist for primary osteoporosis
Keywords: osteoporosis, primary osteoporosis, assessment of osteoporosis at the primary care level
- Definition of Osteoporosis
- Pathogenesis and risk factors
- Screening and Diagnosis
- Non-pharmacologic and supplementation
- Referring to a specialist
1 CPD Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CPD points.