About this course
Quality in healthcare and safe care means achieving the best health outcomes that are possible, given available circumstances and resources. These must at all times be consistent with a patient-centered approach.
This e-learning module discusses the latest developments and concepts around improving patient outcomes as applied in the Asian general practice/family medicine setting.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Understand the latest developments and thinking around improving patient outcomes through building a culture of patient safety
- Understand possible sources of bias and how it can be lessened to improve decision-making
- Gain insight into the meaningful application of a patient-focused, family-centered lens on the provision of healthcare
- Human Factors: How Bias Can Lead to Incorrect Decision Making
- What is human factor
- Role of heuristics and bias in decision making in clinical practice
- De-biasing techniques for incorporating in the operational part of a primary care work system
- Patient and Family Engagement in Patient Safety
- Patient and Family Engagement in Patient Safety: Where, What, Why and How does it look like
- Evidence of Patient and Family Engagement in Patient Safety
- Guidance for Patient and Family Engagement in Patient Safety
Keywords: WONCA, patient safety outcomes, improving patient outcomes
1 CPD Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the
certificate to claim your CPD points.