About this course
Nutrition management plays a crucial role in the comprehensive care of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). Given the
rising prevalence of T2DM, optimization of nutritional intake is the key to achieving glycemic control and improving
overall health outcomes. Oral nutritional supplements (ONS) are gaining recognition as a valuable dietary
modification in T2DM management. This module elaborates on the significance of nutrition management in T2DM and
explores the emerging role of ONS as a supportive intervention in the overall care of individuals with T2DM.
Upon completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Understand epidemiology and pathophysiology of T2DM
- Define screening and diagnostic criteria for T2DM
- Identify common symptoms and complications of T2DM
- Understand basic nutrition and dietary management of T2DM
- Comprehend the supportive role of oral nutritional supplements in T2DM care
- Epidemiology, pathophysiology and symptoms of T2DM
- Diagnostic criteria and risk factors of T2DM
- Complications of T2DM
- Guideline-specified medical nutrition therapy for T2DM
- Dietary tips to manage blood glucose level
- Indications and advantages of ONS
- Diabetic-specific ONS for glycemic control
CAT3B: 1 point CME Point Available
- Score at least 80% in the multiple-choice quiz.
- A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion. Please use the information on the certificate to
claim your CME points.