About this course
Hepatitis C virus (HCV) causes chronic inflammation of the liver and can result in fatal complications, including cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. This module aims to review the guidelines surrounding HCV infection and the direct-acting antivirals (DAA) available for treatment.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the different algorithms in the management of chronic HCV
- Recognize the differences in different available screening recommendations
- List the different available DAAs and their side effects
- Review the recommendations for management post-treatment with DAA
- The prevalence of HCV globally and locally
- Regional algorithm on management of chronic HCV
- Difference between acute vs chronic HCV
- Asia-Pacific and global screening and therapy recommendations
- Treatment options available for HCV (Antiviral therapy/DAAs)
- Recommendations for treatment monitoring
1 CME Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CME points.