About this course
Persons with bleeding disorders may consult with a health care provider either at the initial presentation or for management of a bleed. This e-learning module summarizes the essentials in the identification and multidisciplinary care of patients with bleeding disorders (including hemophilia A and B), particularly with regards to preventive management to reduce their overall health burden.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of congenital bleeding disorders
- Recognize and manage congenital bleeding disorders
- When to suspect a congenital bleeding disorder
- Basic screening tests for bleeding disorders
- Management approaches to common clinical scenarios, including vaccination, heavy menstruation, and minor surgical and dental procedures
- Collaboration with the hematologist to institute definitive management (including clotting factor replacement therapy and emicizumab)
1 CME Point Available
- This module is accredited for 1 CME Point for medical practitioners enrolled in The Medical Council of Hong Kong’s Continuing Medical Education Programme for Practising Doctors who are not taking CME for Specialists.
- This module is accredited for 1 CME Point for fellows of the Hong Kong College of Paediatricians.
- A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CME points.
Reviewed and endorsed by