About this course
Widely prevalent in the region, Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection is a risk factor for conditions such as gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, and gastric cancer. This self-study module provides a holistic framework for screening, diagnosis, and initial treatment of H. pylori infection in the primary care setting. It underscores close collaboration with the gastroenterologist and the need to manage patients’ expectations, given that up to 50% of patients experience adverse effects during treatment.
At the end of this module, learners will be able to:
- Identify symptoms of H. pylori infection
- Select the appropriate H. pylori diagnosis tools
- Prescribe the appropriate treatment regimen
- Diagnostic approach to symptomatic patients
- Contemporary combination regimens
- When to refer to a specialist
- Practice guidelines and additional resources
1 CME Point Available
- This module is accredited for 1 CME Point for medical practitioners enrolled in The Medical Council of Hong Kong’s Continuing Medical Education Programme for Practising Doctors who are not taking CME for Specialists.
- This module is accredited for both Hong Kong Doctors Union (HKDU) members and non-members.
- A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CME points.