About this course
This second of two e-learning modules delves into an essential aspect of diabetes management – the administration of
insulin through optimal injection techniques. The expert speakers featured in this module, Dr Nguyen Quang Bay
(Vietnam) and Dr Dicky Tahapary (Indonesia), will discuss the best practices for insulin administration, as well as
the impact of incorrect techniques on the clinical outcomes of people with diabetes.
Upon completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Learn effective approaches to encourage optimal insulin use by patients for their diabetes management
- Understand the importance of proper insulin administration technique, considering factors affecting insulin absorption
- Review safety measures and discuss appropriate disposal of insulin injections and pens
- Adopt strategies to overcome the adverse effects of improper insulin use
- Best practices for insulin administration
- Factors affecting insulin absorption
- Injection site selection and injection technique: Special considerations
- Five golden rules of injection technique
- Local site reactions and systemic effects associated with incorrect insulin administration
- Self-insulin site examination
- Prevention of adverse events
1 CME Point Available
- Score at least 80% in the multiple-choice quiz.
- A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion. Please use the information on the certificate to
claim your CME points.