About this course
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to achieve and/or maintain an erection that is sufficient for satisfactory sexual performance. It is the most common sexual disorder in men and affects up to 65% of men in Southeast Asia. Causes can be psychogenic or organic, and it is important that physicians recognize this and treat these patients accordingly. This e-learning module summarizes the physiology of erection and identifies the causes of ED, discuss its diagnostic approach and treatment.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to
- Describe the basic anatomical and physiological components of normal erection
- Differentiate the major causes of ED
- Diagnose ED by being able to elicit pertinent information from the clinical history of a patient
- Know the different medications and basic treatment strategies for the management of ED
- Assess when a patient diagnosed with ED must be advised surgery and referred to a urologist
- Normal anatomy & physiology of the penis
- Physiology of erection
- Erectile dysfunction: causes, diagnosis, treatment
1 CPD Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CPD points.