About this course
Atopic dermatitis is a chronic inflammatory relapsing pruritic skin condition that frequently affects children but may also occur in adults. It is usually associated with a personal or family history of type I allergies, asthma, and allergic rhinitis. The management of atopic dermatitis involves a general skincare routine and use of emollients and medications depending on severity. Most importantly, patient and caregiver education are emphasized to ensure continued success of treatment. This e-learning module summarizes the pathogenesis, clinical manifestations and management options of atopic dermatitis depending on severity as well as emphasizing patient education to ensure treatment success.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to
- Understand the pathogenesis of atopic dermatitis
- Be aware of the different clinical presentations of atopic dermatitis
- Determine the appropriate treatment regimen for atopic dermatitis depending on disease severity
Keywords: Atopic dermatitis, eczema, clinical manifestations, atopic dermatitis treatment
- Epidemiology and Risk factors for Atopic Dermatitis
- Pathogenesis & Clinical Manifestations
- General Measures and Avoidance Strategies in Atopic Dermatitis Management
- Stepwise Approach to Managing Atopic Dermatitis According to Severity
- Proactive Treatment in Recurrent Atopic Dermatitis
- When to refer to a dermatologist
1 CPD Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CPD points.