About this course
Alopecia is a condition characterized by hair loss from the scalp or any part of the body. It has a multitude of causes and is one of the most prevalent dermatological disorders worldwide. It significantly affects patients’ quality of life and presents a challenge for the managing physician. This e-learning module summarizes the most common types of alopecia, discusses their diagnosis and management, and reviews clinical findings that would warrant a dermatologist referral.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants will be able to
- Understand the definition of alopecia
- Identify and understand the different types of alopecia
- Understand the pathophysiology of the different types of alopecia
- Determine the appropriate management for patients presenting with alopecia
- Alopecia: definition, causes
- Different types of alopecia: cicatricial & non-cicatricial
- Evaluation & diagnostics
- When to refer to a dermatologist
Keywords: Alopecia, male pattern hair loss, female pattern hair loss
1 CPD Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CPD points.