About this course
Cancer screening is the performance of an examination on an asymptomatic individual to prevent death and suffering from the disease in question through early therapeutic intervention. There are different cancers that could present subclinically and can be detected early through appropriate screening tests. With early detection, early management can be initiated. This e-learning module summarizes the characteristics of a screening test, the basics of cancer screening, and discusses the different cancer screening guidelines.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Define cancer screening and its requirements
- Differentiate screening and diagnostic tests
- Determine the characteristics of a screening test
- Discuss different cancer screening guidelines
- Definition of cancer screening
- Performance characteristics of a screening test
- Assessing a screening test
- Cancer screening guidelines for: breast, cervical, ovarian, colorectal, lung, prostate and skin cancer
Keywords: cancer screening, early detection, screening recommendations
1 CME Point Available
A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the quiz. Please use the information on the certificate to claim your CME points.